HOSTEL – ACCOMMODATION
(i) Mulayam Singh hostel
(ii) EMG Petchiammal memorial Hostel
(iii) Sri Meenakshi Women’s Hostel (Constructed under UGC grant)
Dr.(Mrs). R.Poovazhaki, the Principal is the Chief Warden of the hostel and Ms.V.Radha JayaLakshmi is the Deputy Warden. At our Hostel, 1500 students reside in spacious and hygienic rooms. The inmates are given coaching in Yoga, Hindi, Tailoring and Karate. The most noticeable aspect in our hostel is the provision of the English Daily newspaper ‘Times of India’ which is read by the students every day to update their knowledge on current events and enhance vocabulary. In an effort to make the students stay fresh throughout, walking is made mandatory for I, II, year students from 6.30 to 7.00 a.m. daily. The study hours for the students has been made compulsory from 5.30 to 7.30 p.m.
Internet connection is provided for the students. To cultivate reading habits, a reading hall is also opened with journals and magazines donated by good philanthropists. The library is open on all Saturdays especially for the utility of hostel students. To lead a better lifestyle the students undergo Yoga and Meditation classes. The restroom is provided for the ailing students under medical supervision.
A health check-up is given for all Freshers. In case of Emergency, the students are taken to A.R Hospital for better Medical Treatment with the Transport facilities available round the clock. Equipments in the Health Centre are:
- Ergo Cycle Meter
- Weighing Machine
- Height measuring stand.
Rules & Regulation for the Hostel Students.
Mulayam Singh Yadavji, E.M.G. Petchiyammal memorial Hostel & Sri Meenakshi Hostel
- A new hostel building worth Rs.3.5 Crores, is constructed with the help of the management and by the UGC grant.
- Students should report on the specified time and date on the reopening after the holidays. Otherwise, they have to vacate the hostel.
- Students should sign the register every time, at the time of leaving and coming back to the hostel.
- Parents should not send telegrams or medical certificates asking leave to their wards. If they repeat, their wards will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
- Students should adhere to the time schedule for hostel transactions.
- Students should use the study hours efficiently.
- Students should get prior permission to go for attending family functions.
- Even for emergencies, students can send telephone messages to their parents only through the warden.